Residential addressis classified as any house, apartment, or other living space, even if you operate a business from such an address. If your item(s) are shipping via freight carrier, the carrier will call you usually a day before delivery to arrange an appointment. Some carriers will charge for the appointment service, others may waive the charge.
Commercial addressis defined by our freight carriers as a site typically with tractor-trailer access and a loading dock. Other commercial locations may include but are not limited to: churches, prisons, hospitals, malls, senior living homes/nursing homes, farms/ranches, military bases.
Lift Gate Service
Freight Carrier Shipment Receiving Process
- 1. Verify the number of packages delivered with the packing slip provided by RestaurantEquipment.com.
- 2. Unpack your order immediately and inspect for visible and/or concealed damage. It is critical to check your order while the truck driver is still present. The driver may try to rush you into signing forms so he can leave; do not let anyone rush you. Check the products as they are being delivered and note any potential damage on the delivery receipt/bill of lading. Remember: Once the driver leaves, you become responsible for reporting any damages to the freight company. RestaurantEquipment.com cannot be held liable for those damages.
- 3. Do not sign delivery forms until you have thoroughly checked all your items. The driver is responsible for waiting until the shipment has been thoroughly inspected and signed for.
- 4. Refuse delivery of any items with damage.
- 5. Should any damage be discovered, keep the shipping carton and any inner packaging intact. Verbally request inspection immediately from the driver and make a written request to the carrier. Hidden or concealed damage must be reported and an inspection must be requested within 3 business days.
- 6. If any damage is discovered (visible or concealed), contact a RestaurantEquipment.com representative at 1-800-562-4125 to report the damage. Please have your order number, shipping information, and any available tracking number ready so we can quickly and accurately assist in the process.